The chances to find specific wordlists on the net are quite good. Below is a short collection with interesting sites to get you started in the web search. The data can then easily be imported into Stackz with the ImportListWizard.
If you know another such useful site, please submit it here!
General translations and wordlists
- The Linguist - online dictionaries etc
Dictionaries, etc. Collection of Web-Dictionaries and Online Dictionaries.
Great material for preparing the JLPT!
- http://184.108.40.206/tango/ (down!?)
Great collection of wordlists!
Most lists can be imported with the default attributes mapping of the ImportWizard (step 2/3).
Heisig, Remembering the Kanji I
Heisig, Remembering the Kanji II
Henshall, A Guide to Remembering Japanese Characters
Japanese Language Proficiency Test: Test Content Specification
Saito/Silberstein, Grundkurs der modernen japanischen Sprache (german)
Assimil, Japanisch ohne Mühe I und II (german)
Japanese for Busy People 1
Japanese for Busy People 2
This page allows to create wordlists.
- Henshall Kanji mnemonics
This page contains mnemonics for the kanji taught in the first six years of school in Japan, as developed by Professor Kenneth Henshall. They have been extracted from his book: "A Guide To Remembering Japanese Characters" (Tuttle, 1995). The book covers all 1,945 general-use kanji.
- Shin Nihongo no Kiso vocabulary
- Japanese Vocabulary
Japanese for Busy People
Japanese for College Students
SL Japanese ab initio
- Vocabulary for beginners
- DEAI vocabulary lists
- Nihongo o Narau
- Sushi vocabulary
- Kitchen terms
- Chinese Multimedia
Vocabulary lists with sound
- Military Chinese Learning
- The most common Chinese characters
in order of frequency
- SI Units in Chinese
- Cantonese wordlists
- Brief list of travel phrases
Free online English lessons & ESL / EFL resources
- English vocabulary for Word Lovers
- Modern English to Old English
Big German-English and English-German dictionary
- English - Spanish Vocabulary lists
Medical terminology WebLists
- E - PCI Medical center, Dallas Texas
Medical links and resources.
- E - Muscular system synonyms
Terminology for muscles from the older English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish literature related to modern usage
- G - Medizinstudent.de - Terminologie
- E - Glossary of legal terms
- Flower names (english, french, latin, meaning)
- Dried flower names (common names, scientific (latin) names)
- Flowers of our Lady (Botanical Name, English Common Name, German Religious Name, English Translation)
- The Meanings of Latin flower names
- Common name equivalents of some Cacti and Succulents
- Common Plant Names
- Flower library (botanical names - common name - meaninng)
- Garden glossary
- English common name for some orchids (CURRENTLY NOT IMPORTABLE)
Person Name WebLists
- Names and their meanings
- Names and their meanings
- Names and their origins, meanings
- Names and their gender, origins, meanings
- Names and their gender, origins, meanings and similar names
- Names and their pronunciations, origins, meanings
- fairy names
Disclaimer: MindDate Software is not responsible for the content of the linked pages.
The Stackz List Import Wizard
If you can't find the wished list in the Stackz Online Archive, or you have a wordlist in a different format, you might want to try the List Import Wizard of Stackz, which is also included in the free Stackz List Editor. It allows to easily import any type of existing wordlist into Stackz. The Wizard only requires 3 simple steps:
- Enter the list into the the ListImportWizard.
- Map the desired list elements to Stackz attributes.
- Press 'Finish'.
The question is where to get the list from if you don't own it already. The answer is, as very often, the internet.
Lists on the net
Finding lists with Google - Method 1
Google is a powerful tool for finding new wordlists. One way of searching lists is directly using the word "list" as search string, followed by the language as needed.
Finding lists with Google - Method 2
Another way of finding a wordlist consists in creating a search string with a few samples that are expected to be included in the list. You can use the form below: enter a few words with their translations to search a list.