Chinese flashcards organizer for PC, Pocket PC and Palm OS
Learn Chinese with the Stackz LearnDialog on your PC!
Picture shows simplified Chinese; traditional Chinese is supported as well.
Print the difficult words on paper hanzi flashcards!
Why is Stackz optimal for learning Chinese?
When learning Chinese, two big phases can be distinguished:
- The initial effort for beginners is considerable for the Chinese language. Several hundreds of hanzi must be mastered before they can be used in context. Very likely, this initial phase is causing big feelings of frustration.
- Stackz increases the feeling of success in this initial phase with the proficiency representation using colors. It is simple and motivating to move the cards towards the right side, and keep them at a bright color. Details...
- The PocketPC version of Stackz increases the motivation further by allowing short learning sessions at any place! Details...
- For advanced students, the amount of mastered hanzi becomes considerable, and hanzi that are rarely encountered tend to be forgotten. Without effort, the hanzi proficiency is quickly lost.
- Stackz allows to minimize the time invested to retain the proficiency. This is important when an intensive learning phase is over, e.g. after a university course or after returning from Japan to one's home country. Details...
- With the PocketPC version of Stackz, unused moments of one's daily life can be turned into wisely spent time to refresh the Chinese proficiency. Details...
How dows Stackz support learning of the Chinese language?
- Display Chinese text on western Windows
Stackz allows to display simplified Chinese and traditional Chinese text on all western Windows (Win 95 or later). For that purpose, an appropriate Chinese TTF font is required. There are many Chinese TTF fonts available on the net. Links to Chinese TTF fonts...
- Enter Chinese characters with the Microsoft IME
If any of the Microsoft Chinese IMEs are installed ony your system, it can be used to enter Chinese characters in numerous places in the Stackz software. More details...
- Dictionary Integration
There are Chinese EDICT formatted dictionaries available. Stackz allows to add such dictionaries (with or without index file). The dictionary resources can be used conveniently a reference during learning, or to copy/paste words into a new wordlist.
The dictionary interface allows to automatically extract all words from Chinese text. This feature can be used to speed up text comprehension on the web or to create a text related study wordlist.
- Growing Wordlist archive
There is a growing Chinese section in the Stackz online archive. Visit the archive to find a list which caters to your needs and start learning with the Stackz flashcard organizer immediately!
We are very interested in new Chinese wordlists! Submissions of new wordlists are honored with a 50% discount on the purchase of a Stackz license. Details are here.
The Stackz System
Click here for more explanations.
Or learn them with PocketStackz (on the PocketPC)