Author Topic: Learning Arabian with Stackz  (Read 6837 times)

Mr_Dostojewski

• View Profile
Learning Arabian with Stackz
« on: February 22, 2007, 08:44:10 PM »
Hey guys,

I would like to learn Arabian with stackz, but I don't get it making Stackz able to show Arabian letters.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks,

Mr. Dostojewski

Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Learning Arabian with Stackz
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 10:58:05 PM »
Add a language called 'Arabian' in the Stackz Options dialog (menu Options -> Stackz Options), and choose an appropriate font where you can choose the 'Arabic' Script. This language must then be used for the attributes using Arabic characters, you can use the first page of the File Options dialog for the Language-to-Attribute assignment (menu Options -> File Options).

I don't know any Arabic, but directly entering Arabic characters somehow seems to work on my system with the appropriate keyboard selected, although from left to right... it's probably not really meaningful but technically OK. In any case you can prepare lists with any other editor and then import them into Stackz using the ListImportWizard.

Hope this helps to get you started, please post your results here so I can assist you further if needed.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 11:01:23 PM by Chris »

Mr_Dostojewski

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 01:56:43 PM »
Hey,

thanks, now I can insert Arabic letters. If you just change you keyboard layout into Arabic, you don't have any problems to do so, provided that you know how to use an Arabic keyboard.

Thanks for all

Mr. Dostojewski

Mr_Dostojewski

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 10:46:03 PM »
Hey guys,

it's me again.
 How can I modify stackz to show me Russian letters (Cyrillic)? Because if I do it the same way I did before concerning Arabic I have only some cyrillic letters, but not all... What do I wrong?

Regards,

Mr. Dostojewski

Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 01:27:07 AM »
Are you entering the letters directly, or are you opening (importing) a file? In either case there might be conversion issues - from the keyboard handler, or from the file you are accessing.

But maybe some Cyrillic letters are missing in the font you selected? Using a different one might help...

There are some wordlists with Russian text in the online archive (www.stackz.com/Stackz/Archive/Archive.php), are these displayed correctly?

Mr_Dostojewski

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 11:10:58 AM »
Hey guys,

I checked this up myself and I found out, that in every case you chose Cyrillic as script you get Central European letters and vice versa...

I recommand you to change this in your next update...

Regards

Mr. Dostojewski

details