The Stackz Products > PocketStackz

PocketStackz 2007 Beta is available

<< < (3/5) > >>

napurenon:

--- Quote from: harisenbon on October 17, 2007, 01:59:57 AM ---Also, it would be nice to be able to see the stats of each card during the testing, like is available on the PC version. For example, showing the number of successes / failures, the days since last review, etc. It keeps me more aware of my knowledge of the cards than just the colors (which can change as you go through a stack).
--- End quote ---

I agree with this. It would be useful to have this information displayed in the same way as the desktop version displays it.

davecazz:
Hello, I just purchased Pocket Stackz 2006 and liked it so much it made me want to try the 2007 beta (I hoped it would have the retention manager functionality)

anyway, I installed the beta and the japanese fonts dont show up I just get a bunch of squares. any help?

davecazz:
Crap, now I cant even go back to 2006, it's screwed up too!

davecazz:
ok, I got it working, it turned out that after I installed 2007, it created a empty fonts folder on the memory stick and the japanese fonts were broken until I copied my own version of msgothic into it, both 2006 and 2007 work now.

I wonder why the install refused to copy new fonts even after reinstalling 2006?

Konstantin:

--- Quote from: stackzrockz on December 09, 2007, 03:08:08 PM ---Pending issues:

1) I'm still having issues with the font on storage - there needs to be an option to set the program font used for things like lesson titles (vs. card attribute fonts) so that I can use different fonts and still navigate the program (try installing and using the font I linked to in my previous post and you'll see what I mean - the font is magnificent for learning or confirming stroke order but terrible at small sizes).

See video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReHj1oZj1qc (for item 1 and the dialog bug mentioned below)

---

2) Quick edit button - Would like to see a quick edit button, as there is in the desktop version.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkisS4yGU0Y (video pertains to #2 and #3)

3) Show all attributes in edit mode - Would like ALL fields to be shown when editing a card like the desktop version.  For example, selecting "kanji meaning skill" shows the kanji and translation fields.  If I need to make a note in the comment field in this mode and try to "edit card" then only those fields are available.  I must first switch into a mode that shows all fields, then edit the card.  And then to get back to my "kanji meaning" drill, I have to switch back once more.  Rather tedious - in the desktop version all fields are visible regardless of the current testing modes. (see video above)

4) Selectable Text in various learn modes - during testing of stacks, would like the text to be selectable so that copying and pasting is possible, the same as is possible in the desktop version.

----

Bug - still various dialogs are not appearing until the program loses and regains focus, as mentioned in the above.  This bug has been a problem on both of my Dell Axim x50v handhelds, with both Japanese and English OSs.

--- End quote ---

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your input!
I will implement some of your ideas like "Quick edit button" and "Show all attributes in edit mode".

Thanks for the video that demonstrates the bug.
I've never seen it before, but now I know what I should check...

Best Regards,
Konstantin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version