Author Topic: szm-files locked  (Read 6949 times)

Nora

szm-files locked
« on: December 05, 2009, 11:19:38 PM »
Hello everyone.

My old notebook crashed and I had to buy a new one. Since Stackz is a part of my daily routine, I installed the newest version (not the dictionary version). Surprisingly, I can open old files without any problems, but the new files I created appear with a lock. I also wasn't able to send the new files via e-mail, since they aren't visible for my mail programme. They're not visible when I visit the folder, either. Is this due to my new system (Windows 7), or could it be related to the fact that I'm using the trial version?

Thanks
Nora

Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: szm-files locked
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 08:53:26 AM »
If you don't have a license, the files are locked after some time. This is to remember that using Stackz without license is only permitted for the trial phase, not for a longer time. (Nevertheless, you can unlock the files even without license - but it will reset the learning statistics in your file...) So if you have a license, simply enter the license code and they will become unlocked.

The mail issue is probably not related to Stackz, but to your operating system and its settings...

Nora

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 10:28:19 AM »
Thank you for your quick answer! My mail programme is able to send all the unlocked files, but not the locked ones. But since that won't be a problem with a new license, I will simply buy a new one.  :)

Frohen Nikolaus!
Nora

Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 06:54:58 PM »
I don't understand why you need to buy "a new license" - if you had an old old license, it should still work! Remember that our licenses won't expire, they are valid for all future versions of Stackz!

If you lost your license during the crash, send us a mail where you identify yourself and we'll send you your original license key again.

Nora

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 08:45:51 PM »
My license was indeed lost when my laptop crashed. I felt like supporting your project and buy a new one, but as you said I could also ask you for my old one.