Author Topic: Import Limitation  (Read 4861 times)

stackzrockz

• View Profile
Import Limitation
« on: April 12, 2006, 09:24:20 PM »
Not really sure if this is my fault or the program's fault, but when I try to copy a very large number of lines to the list import wizart (around 700 or so), it gets cut off at around line 132.? I got around this by importing from a file instead, but just thought I'd mention it.? Thanks!

PS - I wish you'd change the title of this folder - I almost feel guilty posting here because I don't want to sound like I'm complaining!  Perhaps, "Limitations You'de Like Improved"?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 10:02:13 PM by stackzrockz »

Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Import Limitation
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 11:12:55 PM »
Thanks for letting us know, including the workaround. I'll investigate it.

BTW, no need to feel guilty - I created this title myself, to encourage our users to complain. We prefer that the users tell their bad experiences to us, and the good ones to their collegues :-) So for us, complaining is a good thing as long as it is constructive, it will motivate us to improve things.

PS - I like your pseudonym!  ;)

stackzrockz

• View Profile
Re: Import Limitation
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 03:11:47 AM »
At first I thought this was a limitation in the number of lines, but it turns out that I was just importing incorrectly.  I was only importing two fields (question and answer) and I was setting the third token to N/A but didn't realize that I needed to click on the Token 2 button to get Token 3 to go away.  Looks like it works OK afterall.