Author Topic: Pocketstackz and linefeed character  (Read 9163 times)

rteabeault

• View Profile
Pocketstackz and linefeed character
« on: January 08, 2006, 07:06:02 PM »
I am currently evaluating pocketstackz for use in learning German.? However, I have run into one problem that I would like to resolve.? I want to use the four available attributes as follows:

German Word
German Example(s)
English Word
English Example(s)

For the German and English Example(s) I might have more than one example and I would like each example on a new line.? However, I can not get Pocketstackz to properly handle the linefeed.? I have gotten it setup correctly using the free list editor but when I transfer the file to the pocket pc it only displays a square where the linefeed should be.? I have also tried entering it directly on the pocket pc.? When doing this I can edit the card and put in the linefeed (using ctrl-enter), however after the edit is complete and the card is shown the square is back.? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-russ

Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Pocketstackz and linefeed character
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 08:12:15 PM »
If I understand you correctly, then you are referring to the card list view, which indeed displays linefeeds as squares.

Please note that this display restriction only applies to the card list view, the test and learn dialog show the linefeeds correctly.

rteabeault

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 09:37:34 PM »
Actually, it is in the test and learn dialogs that it is showing up as square.  I have tried just about everything to get it correct.  At first I was using the list editor to add the cards and that caused the problem.  So eventually I tried to just edit the card on the pocket pc directly.  I would select the edit card menu option, insert the new line.  It seemed to work but then when I went back to the learn or test menu the square was there.  Is there any retriction on the trial version that might cause this?  Could it be that I am using Windows Mobile 5.0?

Thanks,
-russ

Konstantin

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 06:48:37 PM »
Hi Russ,

I am a developer of the PocketStackz? :)

The problem you see can be because of the Windows Mobile 5.0.
PocketStackz has not been tested with this OS yet.

On the PocketPC 2003 and PocketPC 2003 SE it works just fine
and the linefeeds are handled correctly.

Could you please send me a szm file at <mobile at stackz.com>
where you see the squares instead of the linefeeds?
Currently I am working on the next version and your file can help me.

Thank you,
Konstantin

rteabeault

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2006, 09:44:43 PM »
Konstantin,

Sorry I have not replied with a sample that demonstrates the problem.  To reproduce it simply create a two line attribute in pocket pc and then save.  Then when you see that card while learning or testing you will see the box character.

Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 06:40:25 AM »
PocketStackz 2006 has been released yesterday, with correct linefeeds on Windows Mobile 5.0.

Download from this location:
http://www.stackz.com/Stackz/ppc/ppc.htm#Download