Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
PocketStackz / Re: PocketStackz on Smartphone with WM 6.5 or upcomimg WM 7
« Last post by atomu on January 27, 2010, 12:31:46 PM »
Thank you very much! I'm still struggling between the 2 devices, but I will buy one of them soon and tell you how stackz "feels" on it here.
Stackz - New Feature Requests / Re: Stackz for Android
« Last post by Chris on January 27, 2010, 08:11:27 AM »
We are currently observing the Android platform, and there might be a Stackz version, some day in the future.
But please don't expect this soon, we are currently working on the iPhone version.
« Last post by Konstantin on January 26, 2010, 04:02:59 PM »
Hi atomu,

But since the HTC HD2 has a bigger screen resolution you may find some PocketStackz icons a bit too small.

Are you sure about that? I thought a bigger screen would be helpful, and as far as I see, HTC HD2 has the same resolution as HTC Touch HD:

HD2: 4.3-inch Capacitive touch screen Resolution: 480 X 800 WVGA vs.
Touch HD: 3.8-inch TFT-LCD flat touch-sensitive screen with 480 x 800 WVGA resolution

You are absolutely right.
A bigger screen is definitely better if screen resolution is the same.
Sorry for confusing you.

Best Regards,
Konstantin
« Last post by atomu on January 26, 2010, 03:17:08 PM »
Hi Konstantin,

thank you very much for taking the time. It helps a lot!

But since the HTC HD2 has a bigger screen resolution you may find some PocketStackz icons a bit too small.

Are you sure about that? I thought a bigger screen would be helpful, and as far as I see, HTC HD2 has the same resolution as HTC Touch HD:

HD2: 4.3-inch Capacitive touch screen Resolution: 480 X 800 WVGA vs.
Touch HD: 3.8-inch TFT-LCD flat touch-sensitive screen with 480 x 800 WVGA resolution

If the Icons are too small it must be hard to work accurately without a stylus.

Yours sincerely
atomu

« Last post by Konstantin on January 26, 2010, 10:07:08 AM »
Hi atomu,

I have checked with an emulator provided by Microsoft and
PocketStackz works on both systems (WM 6.1 and WM 6.5).
Normally, if PocketStackz works on an emulator, it works on a real device as well.
What is critical is that it should be a professional version of the Windows Mobile (not a standard).
As I see from specifications, both devices are running under the professional version.
So, I do not expect any problems with these devices.

Hope it helps you to make a decision.

Best Regards,
Konstantin
« Last post by atomu on January 26, 2010, 06:04:08 AM »
Hi Konstantin,

thank you very much for your reply.

I'm struggling between HTC HD2 (4,3", no stylus, WM 6.5) and HTC Touch HD (3,8", stylus, WM 6.1). Which one would be better for Stackz?

Are you sure Stackz is running on the capacitive display of the HD2? It's quite expensive, so I only want to buy it if it works.

With kind regards
atomu
« Last post by Konstantin on January 25, 2010, 09:58:53 PM »
Hi atomu,

I have to say that I have not tried jet any devices running WM 6.5,
but I do not see why Stackz should not run on these devices.
I would buy a new device and try  :)

Best Regards,
Konstantin
PocketStackz / PocketStackz on Smartphone with WM 6.5 or upcomimg WM 7
« Last post by atomu on January 22, 2010, 10:53:16 PM »
Hello,

I'm still learning every day on my FSC Pocket-Loox 720 and it's great, but it's getting pretty old and already has some minor bugs. I'm looking for a new hardware.

I want to buy one of these WM devices:

HTC HD2
HTC Touch HD
Sony Ericsson X2
Samsung Omnia II I8000

Will run PocketStackz on these Smartphones with WM 6.5?
Will the hardware buttons work?

Note that the HTC HD 2 has no stylus (which I use often) and a capacitive display like the iPhone. It's the first and only WM-device with that display on the market. It has fantastic 4.3" size and I think that would be very helpful for small Japanese characters. Will PocketStackz run on it?

I tend a bit to the older HTC Touch HD, because it has a stylus, and without it I would miss the Kanji handwriting recognition very much.

As for WM 7, it will be available perhaps in the second half of this year, but only capacitive displays will be supported, so from now-on-market devices only the HTC HD 2!
Stackz - New Feature Requests / Stackz for Android
« Last post by AsZe on January 17, 2010, 02:17:40 PM »
I just have one request, though I'm not sure if it counts as a feature so much as a new 'version' of the existing features - any chance for a Stackz for Android edition to come out?
General Discussion / iPhone development status
« Last post by Chris on January 15, 2010, 08:30:40 AM »
This is just a short status about the "Stackz for iPhone" development.

Development progress is quite slow due to lack of time, but we are more and more convinced that iStackz will be great!

At the moment, we can copy Stackz files from the mac to the iPhone and view the content there - in fact copying the files was quite a challenge with the iPhone platform! Adding the real Stackz features will be less tricky from a technical point of view, but finding the right balance of useable tools for this device will not be trivial either.

A couple of things must be added before the first minimal version will be available in AppStore. It's hard to indicate a release date because many unknowns are included in the timeplan, but we are positive that the release will not be in the far future (whatever this may mean  ;) )

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
details