Author Topic: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error  (Read 6175 times)

aliaren

• View Profile
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error
« on: November 16, 2009, 12:31:29 AM »
The problem occurs when I try to access Stackz [the newest Dictionary Edition's trial version] Options - a pop-up window appears:

'Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error

Runtime error!

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.'

When I press OK, the program freezes and finally closes itself. The same problem occurs when I try to access Language Settings. Also, when I tested the older version, Stackz 2006, I got the runtime error again, under exactly the same conditions.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or is it something on my end, but I get that error only when trying to access options. As long as I don't click on options, the program works fine.

I have no idea what could possibly happen, everything was fine just yesterday...

aliaren

• View Profile
Re: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 03:43:49 PM »
I just discovered more options that won't work properly...
- I can't type in kana mode in dictionary section and kanji selection section; same thing goes for textpad
- when I type in abc mode and hit Go! in dictionary/kanji selection section I get 'runtime error' message again and the program freezes

So yeah, basically, the only thing I can do in Stackz now is opening kanji lists and that's all.

I would really appreciate some help - I first created this thread 6 days ago and so far there's no reply... :| I managed to test Stackz for 1 week before my problems started, I love the program and I want to buy it - but unless somebody tells me what's wrong, I can't, can I? :| 

Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 10:51:33 AM »
I'm afraid I have no idea how to solve the problem, the features you mentioned work fine on the systems I have tried...

Maybe there is an issue on your PC - have you installed any other software that altered the system dlls? You can try uninstalling and re-installing Stackz, maybe this cures the problem.

Do you have any chance to test it on a different PC?