Author Topic: iPhone development status  (Read 15590 times)

Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
iPhone development status
« on: January 15, 2010, 08:30:40 AM »
This is just a short status about the "Stackz for iPhone" development.

Development progress is quite slow due to lack of time, but we are more and more convinced that iStackz will be great!

At the moment, we can copy Stackz files from the mac to the iPhone and view the content there - in fact copying the files was quite a challenge with the iPhone platform! Adding the real Stackz features will be less tricky from a technical point of view, but finding the right balance of useable tools for this device will not be trivial either.

A couple of things must be added before the first minimal version will be available in AppStore. It's hard to indicate a release date because many unknowns are included in the timeplan, but we are positive that the release will not be in the far future (whatever this may mean  ;) )

RH

Re: iPhone development status
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 01:58:10 PM »
Hi Chris. Awaiting anxiously the coming iStackz for iPhone. I have been using Stackz for many years on Palm, Windows Mobile and Windows PC with full satisfaction. However my Ipod Touch has become my unique mobile device (market trend) and I am missing Stackz. Please consider adding a feature for exchanging files between iStackz and a Windows PC (not only for Mac). Good work !

sam

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 10:05:49 AM »
Dear Chris, Same here. Long time palm Stackz user and then WinMo. Qualify me as a Stackz addict. However, since I have an iPhone, I can no longer satisfy my addiction and am forced to go for flashcard apps that are by far not as good and flexible as Stackz.

Could you please let us know where you stand on the iPhone app, so that we know how much patience we should still have before we can get back to our old friend Stackz?  Like RH above, there are probably many orphaned stackz users around.

Thanks,
Sam.

W.W

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 10:23:14 PM »
Yes! I can't wait for the iPhone edition. Since I tossed my Palm out, I have not been able to use my Stackz on-the-go. I am dying to see Stackz on my ipod Touch. Stackz has the best repeat algorithm out there and top-notch integration with my PC (on which I have gathered loads of wordlists). Will be worth a few Euros!!!

Can you give us some insights in your current timing?

Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 11:28:36 PM »
Thank you all for your interest in our products!

We will come out as soon as possible with a minimal version that will be completed step by step thereafter, but it is definitely too early at the moment. Please understand that we can't give a release date at the moment, the thing is not very well plannable due to limited available time, and the potential of unforeseen problems. We estimate it should be a matter of a few months - maybe two, maybe four... but please don't take this as a promise!

JNGakusei

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 09:29:35 PM »
Oh man, I got soo excited when I found out Stackz will be available for iPhone soon. A great fan of Stackz (and its customer service) for years and after a longer break of using it I was planning to switch to Anki now because I thought Stackz is (wil) not (be) available on iPhone. Im so happy that I wont need to do that. Cant wait for iStackz to come out!! If it helps speeding up development process or helps in any other way please let me know if you need any donations (deductible from the purchase price ;) ) to support your great work - honestly!!

Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 06:02:07 AM »
Thank you for your encouragement, it's very motivating to continue this long work like that.
Money will not speed things up, the limiting factor is time for development.

But nevertheless we are progressing quite well, a first useful beta version will be available "soon". There will be a beta test phase for interested people advertised on our site. If you want to be sure to be among the first beta testers, please leave your message directly here in this thread or send me an email.

avlor

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 07:39:16 PM »
I'll volunteer to beta test it on an ipod (and hopefully soon be able to test it on an ipad).

Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 01:59:21 AM »
After a vey busy period with little activities on the project we hope to get back on track now so that the first alpha will be available in december.
Feel free to subscribe in this thread, we will contact you as soon as there are any news.

Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 09:20:46 AM »
The Stackz for iPhone test is about to start soon!
For more information, please visit this topic in the members zone (free registration required).

Kathleen9woody

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 08:45:54 AM »
Do  you think it will work with iphone 4 and how we can help to test...

Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 04:53:57 PM »
Yes, it works on iPhone 4.

Testers are still welcome! Simply follow the link in the reply #9 above for more information.